When choosing a caterer think about:
- Your budget
- Location of the wedding
- Theme of the wedding
- The style
- Your favourites
What your contract could consider:
- Number of staff that will be working
- Number of hours the staff will be working
- Per person price on food, linens, place settings, glassware, drink, etc.
- The kind of set-up available
- Any inclusions (linens, center pieces, etc.)
- Who the main contact is
- Do they have a license or not
- The style of meal (buffet or sit-down)
- Additional feeds (cake cutting, overtime, corkage, etc.)
- Deposit & payment schedule
- Table, Flatware, Dishes Included
Your best advice when sourcing a caterer is to prepare a worksheet and gather all the information regarding the topics above. Once you have gathered all the information compare services between each caterer. Remember to think back to your overall wedding theme, budget, and tastes - the decision should come clear after considering the above ideas.
Also --Always get a taste test - make sure what you are getting is exactly what was promised. Something else you can do is ask for a run through - get them to serve you exactly as if you were a guest at your own wedding.